Tuesday, December 11, 2012

One sick day in december

Sick days are a regular deal for me. Having been unwell with CFS/ME for 12 years I've become pretty good at facing full days on my own while the world seems to go on without me.  I'm still not so good at avoiding the sicker days by acknowledging ALL of my limitations. But I am better at making the most of them.

If I can create something new and find the beauty in my day in simple things, if I can accept my state, let go of what was meant to be and allow my mind and body to recover, to rest in Him I'm content.

Sunday just past, Blake was working and a friend took the girls to church and for a play in the afternoon.  I made a wreath and crocheted some jar cosies for christmas gifts.




And when the family return home at the end of the day I have a little energy in reserve to enjoy cuddles.
  
Sunday night was spent finishing Les Miserables with Malya, our 7 year old. What beautiful story of grace.




And she read to me from The Magic Faraway Tree




“There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice.”
― John Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment