Thursday, January 24, 2013

Being present, in chaos.

::Being in this moment, in this place. Finding beauty in today instead of waiting for some other, better moment to come.  Being still and savouring thoughts and pictures. Having clear images and feelings  in my mind to pour over in reflection::




 January is flying by. Our grateful jar is half full. We are distracted with moving dates and renovation deadlines and plans for the girls for each day. We are anticipating our ‘new’ home and the new school and kindy year..  I’m excited about tomorrow’s hot weather and another chance to swim in the pool with friends.  And about Blake getting home tonight to debrief on today and plan tomorrow.  There is so much happening and lots of things are about to happen….

But I don’t want to miss January 2013. I don’t want it to disappear too quickly. I make sure we enjoy where we are right now even though we are in limbo a little and are waiting, and living out of suitcases and have left a trail of belongings around different places. We are together and we are on an adventure.




{Books I planned to read and only just scratched the surface of.}











 I've had very little time to reflect and write as the school holidays draw to a close. I'm glad that its been that way. I'm glad we've been busy at the beach and in the pool and spending time with friends and collapsing with exhaustion at the end of most days.  I'll have plenty of time to reflect when the girls are back in routine. And there'll be no regrets.


But I just wanted to tell you I'm still here! And next post I plan to give you a sneak peak into our almost-finished (will it ever REALLY be finished though?) cottage renovation...... Eeeek! :)

xoxo


"Each today, well-lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness and each tomorrow a vision of hope."


 -- Sanskrit poem





2 comments:

  1. Our holidays have been the complete opposite..very laid back and a bit too relaxed but it was just what we needed.
    I've been feeling really unsettled lately so to read your words 'finding beauty in today instead of waiting for some other, better moment to come' was just what I need.
    Looking forward to that sneak peek :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summer holidays sure did fly by so quickly, sometimes i wish they'd last forever! Looking forward to seeing some peeks of the reno!

    ReplyDelete