Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Its a family thing

“The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career. ” 
 C.S. Lewis
Oh how I love my little family.  

I have the perfect job as wife and mummy. Somehow I find time to dream and create and to learn endlessly along the way.  For someone who has been through several long years of illness and hence periods without employment, I've been blessed to land THE best job around!

Theres me, my amazing, teeny tiny bit younger-than-me husband Blake (five years difference is nothing) , our firstborn Miss 7, and our little cutie Miss 4. We've been married almost ten years, have lived in Cairns together where we lived the holiday lifestyle and adopted some more grandparents for the girls, and are back, settled in Geelong, loathing the cold weather but loving the support from family and the feeling of being grounded, for now.


They still think they live in Cairns, barefoot and beautiful.  


 He and I in our favourite Victorian haunt, Daylesford.

                                  Girls being kids


                     We love to camp! And Indented Head is the perfect spot for pitching our tent, collecting shells, riding bikes, swimming in the ocean, staying dirty for a week and eating icecream.

                               He with Miss 3 (then)

                                          New Dad, almost 7 years ago x
Thats them. My favourite people on earth, my little circle of joy. Oh there is room for more though, probably no more pregnancies (after having two looong sick ones and longer recoveries) but we'd love to adopt a child or two if we can. It'd be so easy to settle and find comfort in us, with grateful hearts of course, but wouldn't it be great to share what we have with a child who otherwise wouldn't have had it......? Maybe. Only in His will.

In the meantime, I'm keeping my day job!!





1 comment:

  1. I like reading more about you, outside of your gorgeous Instagram pics! xo

    ReplyDelete